Sunday, 27 January 2013

Updates and Fanart

I'm still eating boiled rice and scavenging where I can while my financial problems persist. Luckily I have taken on a new client for dog sitting, so hopefully that will help out. In addition I have picked up hours at the vet clinic connected to the dog daycare.

It is a different atmosphere than I am used to. Normally I am working on behaviors and training, handling and care, but this time I am primarily working on care and the operation side of things. I really enjoy my co-workers and the positive, supportive atmosphere. It can be hard to deal with euthanasia cases, but it is a small price to pay for all of the other benefits of the job.

Between daycare, the vet clinic, and dog sitting, I am certainly getting my animal fill! I only wish I had more time for my horse. I work hard every day in the hope that I will one day have a small farm for all of us. For the dogs, Shyanne, and any other new animal friend that shall come along.

Otherwise, it's commissions!

Here's a commission I recently finished for a client. She had a photo of two Siamese cats she wanted done as a gift for her long time friend.



The piece is done on paper with pencil, charcoal, and pencil crayon. I was going for a sketchy, expressive feel, rather than a more realistic one. I was copying a photo and the client and I agreed that we didn't want to  try for an exact copy of the photo, but instead to create a separate creature entirely. 

Here's a small birthday gift for a friend:


She is addicted to the game Dragonvale, so I drew the baby moon dragon for her. It's drawn on black construction paper with pencil crayon. 

At the moment I am working on an acrylic painting on canvas. It's another pet portrait, this time of a Burnese Mountain Dog. Beautiful dog, but I have to admit I am intimidated by the detail. I guess we'll see how it goes. 

I'd also like to do a drawing of a Protoss from StarCraft for my boyfriend. I was watching some of the game trailers and think they're phenomenal. I'd love to see this gaming series turned into a movie sometime.

At any rate, on to the book!

Detective Docherty and the Demon's Tears continues to sell online. I sell around 3-5 books a months, which is good for a first time publication :) In paperback I have sold out locally and am hoping to place a new order soon. I would like to get to more conventions this year and am hoping I can fond it. 

I am currently looking into Ad-Astra (to the stars!) for the first convention of the year. 

And finally, Fan Art!!!!! My first official fan art was created by my good friend Jessica. I would go into detail  about the meaning behind the painting, however I do not wish to give anything away for those who have not yet read the book. I shall leave it up to your imagination.


I love it! 

To see more artwork done by here, please visit her Deviantart page: Sparklepaint 

Hope everyone is well. Ta-ta!

~WaterRaven 




No comments:

Post a Comment